Saturday, June 27, 2009

À bientôt

Free
by: Alisha Sufit (1946- )


I thought of life
as though it were a space
with walls and floor
and ceiling,
sought to make it solid, fixed,
construct it well,
so I should have security of place.

Then I heard the small stars'
laughter pealing far away.
"Fall!" they cried,
"and fly,
for you cannot break your bones,
nor die.

There is no ground
upon which you can land.
It's all pure ether,
solid as the sand
that fills Egyptian deserts,
solid as the water in the sea.
Let go and fall
and then you will be free."


Today I went to the office, switched on the computer, logged on to twitter, intending to whine about how my teacher's milk tea gave me a horrible painful diarrhea last night, but I saw a few tweets about MJ passing away. I was shocked. Similar reaction to Heath Ledger's news last year I suppose.

Except, perhaps less upset. MJ definitely was far more talented of course, but he accomplished so much and he's the King of Pop and all that so it's not like his life was a waste. It was kinda a mess I suppose but nobody's perfect right? I was sad that he didn't manage to make a comeback before he passed away, to remind people of how talented he is. Sure, I sometimes make jokes about his pedophilia but only because I think those are just stupid rumours that morons made up. The guy was sued and acquitted ok? Just because these people have twisted minds doesn't mean the man is too. Their sick little twisted minds can't comprehend the innocence and purity of others'. And what he wants to do with his own face and skin is his own business too.

I saw this article which wrote, amongst other stuff, about how his father was basically a sadistic psycho who abused him and his siblings physically and mentally. (Supports my view that some people should not have children.) Can you really blame him for being so weird? With a father like that, fame from such a young age, all that talent and recognition...I think creative people have the license to be weird.. What's so great about you normal people? Did you sell millions of albums and own Neverland? Do you have millions of people mourning your departure?

Like Anita Mui and Leslie Cheung, I think passing away before falling (totally) from grace is not necessarily a bad thing. I'm sure they have loads of fans on the other side welcoming them. I hope to meet them all when I cross over. See you guys later!

Farrah Fawcett passed away too. I thought it was maybe a couple days before but I think it was on the same day. She had been battling cancer for some time so it wasn't so much of a shock. I'm not familiar with her anyway. I read an article about her passing and also watched a bit of her news on ET a few weeks ago.

Long-term partner Ryan, 68, had been planning to wed Farrah as soon as possible.

In an interview earlier this week He said: 'I've asked her to marry me, again, and she's agreed

Excuse me? This is "long-term" partner? Why did he have to wait till she was dying to marry her? If it wasn't important previously, why is it important now? People are weird..



Anyway, despite what people say about MJ's surgeries etc, I think he did look good. I joked to my colleague that at least he left before his face fell apart. I know it's rude but it's true though, right? Would you rather be prettier and have a shorter life, or be naturally not so pretty and have a normal length life? He loves the stage and attention so I think he'll choose the first one. Actually, so would I. =P Kill myself when things start falling apart..




Remember
by: Christina Rossetti (1830-1894)


Remember me when I am gone away,
gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
nor I half turn to go, yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
you tell me of the future that you planned;
Only remember me; you understand
it will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet, if you should forget me for a while
and afterwards, remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
a vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
better by far you should forget and smile
than that you should remember and be sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i din realise how many maga stars we have in our era. for me, those who went away with a bang was teresa teng, leslie cheung, heath ledger and now MJ. it totally sucks to see his dance moves go with him. does anyone (at least in showbiz) dance as well as him? and he made me forsake my thesis writing for a night to youtube his moonwalk. rather mesmerizing. oh ya, i wanted to buy his 25th anniversary thriller last time but was too broke. poopoo!

*moivre*

yevil said...

I think now you want to find also very difficult to find. So happy I have his HIStory album! I think there are people who can maybe dance as well, but definitely not as innovative. Yah I've been kaypohing his news and staying up late to watch ET for his news..