Sunday, July 05, 2009

An obsession building up

Yah..same topic. I might unconsciously be a fan of MJ. Hmm.. I remember one time in JC this classmate was saying something presumably bad about MJ, I don't remember what, and I think she saw that I wasn't amused or maybe even had a black face, and she added that "but" she likes to watch his old videos of his dances. "Mesmerising" is very apt, Moivres! High five! And then the year he had that new song in the Invincible album, a friend said that she didn't like the song because she was turned off by his pedophile image. Wtf. I think anybody who believes he's guilty is either full of shit or ignorant. I don't think it was a fantastic song but that reason is total BS. I think I did verbally show that I was pissed off. But she listens mainly to Chinese music so she probably doesn't know his music very well anyway.

I feel guilty when I catch myself feeling happy about some little things and then I think of MJ. Hmm.. Anyway, yesterday I was in gramaphone at Cathay and I went to find his albums out of curiosity. Wanted to see if they were all sold out. Surprisingly, they were not. And the place is having a clearance sale too. Has been for months though. There were about 4 copies of The Essential Michael Jackson and 3 copies of Michael Jackson Number Ones. I know I have the Essential one but I didn't remember what were in it so I looked at both of them. I wonder why the Number Ones are selling better in America. The Essential one has twice the number of songs. It's more expensive of course. It was around $28 and the other one was $16.95. I was surprised the one I have has so many songs so I started listening to it. I'm still at disc 1, and heard the songs about 4 times already. And I was out half the day today.

I wish I had heard the songs when they just came out rather than listening to them knowing they were hits. Feels like I'm cheating.. Ok I think too much. Anyway, I love the songs Ben, Blame It On The Boogie, ABC, Rockin' Robin (partly because of How I Met Your Mother), Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) and Off The Wall.

Interruption. This is quite funny. Saw it on a tweet. "Hitler finds out Michael Jackson has died."



I was watching videos of MJ on youtube ahem, at work, yesterday. Put the mouse over the tab on the toolbar and this one square inch pop up will show the window. Even from that little space I still enjoyed watching him dance. He was so sexy! He reminded me that I wanted to learn tap dance. Maybe after I have a more stable career. He's so different when he's performing. So dynamic, sexy, etc. And when he's giving interviews he's seems shy. Oh I read that he feels most comfortable onstage. He wished that he could sleep on the stage. Why would they not bury him in Neverland since he basically designed the whole place exactly how he wanted it to be? I wouldn't mind spending eternity in Neverland. All the rides!

I read that a few of his fans committed suicide after his death. Well, that's not going to reflect well on anyone.. Maybe they wanted to join him. Can't see in life then try in death. I think a better tribute would be to excel in whatever you do and attribute it to the inspiration of MJ. His and Heath Ledger's deaths do inspire me to try to be like them-be one of the best in their industries. I aim for the stars but the clouds will do just fine lah. I'm still unfortunately very nua.. I still very much want to meet all these famous people when I die! I will buy a nice notebook and pen to be burnt with me so I can collect their autographs. The two of you reading my blog must remember this! In case nobody reads this I must tell people personally..

Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)



Blame It On The Boogie

No comments: