Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Crime TV

Just watched The Mentalist. Can't say it's my favourite crime series. Today's episode was about this rich, middle-aged widow who was knocked over by a car after she left a psychic's house who was telling her she was in danger. The main guy, The Mentalist, is really cute but the cases in the series aren't really that interesting. I only like 2 episodes' cases so far. The one where it was revealed the main guy, Patrick Jane, had a nemesis, a serial killer, "Red John", who murdered his wife and little daughter. This is probably the only crime series where I'm more interested in the police rather than the cases. The cases are usually quite obvious and not really touching stories.

I love Cold Case because the stories are usually very moving. The cases in the stories are old cases that were unsolved and they reopen the cases in present time because they have new leads. I like the flashes of past and present, what people looked like in the past and in the present, and how they unravel the stories bit by bit. I'm quite amazed that they are so patient to go to every related person, sometimes more than once, to ask them and piece pieces of the stories together bit by bit. Yup of course I know that's their job.

I like Criminal Minds too but I think the series seems to be getting darker and darker. Feels like most films nowadays inject humour even in seemingly serious ones. I like. =)

CSI: Miami is shown after The Mentalist so I've seen a few episodes. Quite like it. Not as dark and brooding as the main CSI one. The killer is usually not that obvious and most times when someone seems to be the killer, he/she has a legitimate explanation. Suspense is well held up. But I don't understand why that guy must always act cool and pose in front of the light with his sunglasses. Ha..

I'm so looking forward to Flash Forward! Read about it on tv.com and it's about these people who blacked out for a couple seconds and saw a bit of their future. Kinda reminds me of Heroes and Lost. Back to watching TV. Ciao!

No comments: