Saturday, September 26, 2009

F1 in Singapore

Not really a fan but it's great to have them here in our humble little red dot. =)



While looking for a picture, came across this blog about last year's race.

Well the first F1 night race kicked off in style yesterday in Singapore with large crouds and plenty of excitement. Now I'm not a big F1 fan (it's my dad's favourite cure for insomnia though!) but there was something pretty spectacular about seeing the F1 cars under floodlights in the middle of Singapore.

It wasn't just a night race, but a street race as well - with reporters saying it could quickly become the 'new monaco' of the F1 circuit.


Not very sure what that last line means, probably an F1 thing, but I'm sure it's a compliment. Ha..

Ah, wiki says,
The Monaco Grand Prix (French: Grand Prix de Monaco) is a Formula One race held each year on the Circuit de Monaco. Run since 1929, it is widely considered to be one of the most important and prestigious automobile races in the world alongside the Indianapolis 500 and the 24 Hours of Le Mans (with which it forms the Triple Crown of Motorsport). The circuit has been called "an exceptional location of glamour and prestige."[1]


That's nice. Ha.. I find it a little weird to see the bus lane lines on the track though. Aren't the unrelated lines distracting to the drivers?

The only person I have heard of, besides Lewis Hamilton of course, is Jenson Button because he was in something to do with BBC radio 1 so I was kind of rooting for him. Plus, he's quite cute. Haha.. What do you expect from an F1 idiot? Unfortunately when I tuned in he was in position 8 or something and was a little surprised because I thought he was quite good. I hope I didn't jinx him or something because he ended up in the knocked out zone in Q2- #12.

I kept hearing his name but I don't really understand what's happening. =P I have absolutely no idea what goes on in F1. From what I could understand from what the guys on TV are saying, I think it's not the end of him in the race. Could be wrong. No idea.

I LOVE that I keep hearing "Singapore is the first night race". I like to be first. =P And I also liked to hear "Singapore" in the BBC radio news, which had been happening because of news related to F1. =) I like to see the cars going round and round, turning corners etc. Other than the atmosphere live on the grand stand, isn't it better to watch it on the telly because you get views from everywhere rather than just see cars zooming by? I think it would be more exciting if you were supporting a particular team so you look forward to seeing a particular car. Otherwise, somewhere high up where you can see more of the track would be better. Am I supposed to call them karts or cars? The drivers are going to have a lot of mooncakes to eat..

No comments: