Wednesday, May 21, 2008

David vs. David

Just watched the finale of American Idol. Disappointed with Cook's performances. Wasn't wowed at all. And it wasn't even because I had high expectations. Usually I just listen to him and the feeling wells up. Not for all his songs though, because he's not that perfect. Ha.. I don't mind at all the other David winning this. Achuleta? He was really much better today. He can really sing. I think Cook is better at incredible arrangements of music. He was strangely lacklustre today. I'm sure everybody was expecting much more from him. I think my favourite was the second song. If it's based purely on today's performances Archuleta should win but it doesn't seem fair to award the title based on just one night right? I think the boy is good but I can't stand looking at him when he's not singing. His mouth keeps opening and closing. Kinda annoying. =P But he's great when singing of course. I don't think winning the title is important anyway. They can still have great careers after this.

Ruben Studdard sang at the end of the show and the song was quite nice, erm, better than Fantasia's strange performance the other time.. She was so out of shape. Ruben surprisingly looked almost exactly the same as I remembered. Didn't lose or put on any weight at all. Quite incredible. Ha.. I don't really remember any of his songs on radio though. I remember songs by Clay Aiken, the girl who sang Eighth Wonder or something, Kelly Clarkson (of course), Daughtry (of course), Carrie Underwood, Jordin Spark and nobody else except for those I didn't know were in American Idol or whom I can't recall right now.

I hope tomorrow's result show would be fantastic. I don't mind either winning so I'm just looking forward to all the performances. Not to the lame jokes and annoying incessant screaming when people are trying to talk..

No comments: