Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I Hate Smokers

Yesterday on the bus I saw this girl in a black T-shirt with glittery gold words that read: Smoking keeps me thin and gorgeous. I'm sure a totally disgusted look leapt on my face. That girl is not that thin and definitely not gorgeous. I felt like "accidentally" knocking into her when getting off the bus but I was stopping at the interchange so I knew I wouldn't get the chance. She alighted before me anyway.


Later in the night/morning I went to feed the cat and kitten around 1am. (The kitten played with my projection toy while I dangled it. It was so cute my heart almost exploded. Ha..) Before I left I suddenly saw something glow. A fucking bastard threw a cigarette butt down. It missed me and the cat (thankfully). I had a good mind to hurl vulgarities at the fucking ashhole but that would be unfair to the other neighbours. I wanted to shout something like, I HOPE YOU DIE A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH WITH NOBODY BY YOUR SIDE AND WITH NO MONEY. But actually, that would probably happen anyway. Anybody willing to be with smokers will probably die before them since second-hand smoke kills more efficiently than first-hand smoke. And since cigarettes are expensive, and so are medicines and treatments for diseases associated with smoking, money will be gone quickly too. So please, don't die so soon.


Even later, I went home and read at my balcony with a neighbour's TV blasting away. I could hear all the sound effects - exciting show they were watching - but the dialogues were muffled. If the cats were meowing, they couldn't have been making more noise than that. After a while I heard something like sand or raindrops falling on my window grilles. I looked out and up my window. After a while I saw a guy on the top floor (about 6 floors up) standing by the staircase landing. I don't know why I kept on standing there looking. Maybe waiting for things to fall so I know where they came from. I looked at my window grille tracks but didn't see anything. Strange. Anyway I saw the stupid guy throw something down and heard the splitter splatter again. Just now when I was feeding the cat some idiot threw down otah remains. He had better keep it up because I intend to capture him in camera and report him for killer litter. Of all the stupid things to throw, he threw a cigarette butt that can be used to get his DNA. Now, who can I complain to about this asshead killer litter bug?


Art by Becky Young

No comments: